It has been very simple, but not easy. It’s hard work to exercise, but IT’S WORTH IT!!! Lately, over the last couple of months to be exact, I’ve been on a plateau. It’s been difficult to get off of. I’ve struggled through a foot injury the entire 8 ½ months, and a back injury for the last month. I’ve significantly had to reduce the intensity of my workouts, but that's okay. Chances are, you’ll have setbacks too. Just talk with your doctor if you have an injury and do what you can to keep on track. Just stay on track and you’ll make it through it too. I didn’t reach my goal weight that I set for myself back at the beginning for birthday ball, but I never gave up or quit. In order to get off this plateau, I've started a new exercise program to confuse my body. I've begun Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Biggest Loser Boot Camp. Between that and calorie zig zagging, I’m hoping that will do the trick. So far, my weight has started to go back down. I hope it will continue. I'm proud of how hard I've worked, my determination to get here and my refusal to throw in the towel when times were tough. I could not have said the same thing this time last year. I've come and long way baby and I've still got a little ways to go, but, "I'M GONNA GET THERE!" YOU CAN TOO!!!!
One big reason that I've been successful is because counting calories doesn't feel like dieting. I don't starve myself, and I still indulge in foods I enjoy. That's a "diet" program that I can stick with for life. All I do is watch my portion sizes by very easily keeping track of my calories and exercise. That's it...plain and simple.
In 8 ½ months here’s the stats on my losses…
42.5 Pounds Lost, 10% Body Fat Lost, and 5.9 BMI Lost. I was about to have to go up to a Size 18 (but never did - thankfully), and I'm currently a Size 10. I went from being considered “Overweight” to “Healthy.”
Measurement Lost Update:
Neck: -1.5”
Waist: -8.80”
Hips: -7.20”
Arm: -3.0”
Thighs: -10.00” (L & R thigh combined)
Bust: -7.05”
Calves: -1.5”
That's a TOTAL of: 39.05"

The photo on the left is from late November 2010. My approximate weight there was 200 pounds. The center and right photo was taken when I first began My Fitness Pal. I had already lost 7 pounds in those two photos, and my starting weight was 202.5. I'm ashamed of that, but it is what it is. I'm just being honest! (shrug)



I found your blog from MFP and my jaw is on the floor. The two side by side pictures of you and your husband from the Marine Ball are unbelievable. I don't know how to say this without it sounding odd, but when I saw the pics, I thought okay the first picture you look like the old wife and in the second picture you look like the much younger hotter new wife. You look like you've knocked at least 10 years off along with that weight. :) I guess the word to describe you is 'elegant'. You are such an inspiration and reading your blog has strengthened my resolve to stick with my journey. Thank you for sharing your story and keep up the AMAZING work!!!
ReplyDelete