Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's Funny How Things Change If You'll Stick With It

I've been exercising for just under five months now. Over the last month and a half, my weight loss slowed so I'm about 10 pound behind where I wanted to be at this point. Even though I was exercising faithfully and staying within my daily calorie goals the vast majority of days, I wasn't losing as fast as I wanted to, so I was a little discouraged as you can tell from my previous post. This was even after great progress with weight lost, inches lost, and progress pictures.

This blog is written to encourage you and even me as I look back to it in the future. You'll have bad days, but they are just that...bad days. They will pass. Stay focused on your goals and remember that you are on this journey to change to a healthy lifestyle for the rest of your life. It's not temporary. You must stick with it for the long haul.

Since my previous post, my weight loss has continued at a more steady rate. You must remember that WHAT you put in your mouth has just as much to do with your weight loss as how much you exercise. After doing some reading on the internet, I've found articles on how to boost your metabolism and great healthy snack foods to eat that will help with weight loss. One of my favorite daytime snacks is a gala apple with almond butter or a slice of reduced fat Swiss cheese. You can read about these on the links in my blog to the right of this page. I can't explain exactly why my weight loss seemed to stall during the month of June or why it's dropping again now, but...I never quit. Since my last post, I've lost another 6.5 pounds. Just stick with it!

If you're just getting started, I recommend that you get several friends who are experienced MFP (My Fitness Pal) users. They can truly help you. There are forums that you can go to to find people with similar interests and goals. When you have a chance explore MFP's Community Forum's success stories, recipes, etc. There's so much available to you. Take some time to read the articles posted on my blog. These articles just may give you the boost you need to begin your weight loss journey. For those of you who are already on your way but may be at a weight loss plateau, try eating cleaner (look at "Eat to Carve Your Physique" link - MICHI's ladder link) on the right of my blog post, get enough sleep, incorporate weight training in your routine, reduce your sodium intake, and by all means, drink plenty of water. Set realistic goals and be clear to yourself your "Why?" of losing weight. It will make a difference when times are hard. You can do it...your time is NOW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment